Yellowone Needle Cap©
Yellowone Needle Cap© is a patented lid, which inexpensively and easily converts regular soda cans into safe and permanent disposal containers for used luer-slip hypodermic needles.
The reuse of syringes in developing countries is a widespread problem. In some countries, the proportion of injections given with reused syringes is as high as 70%. According to the World Health Organization, the reuse of contaminated needles and inadvertent needle stick injuries are estimated to be responsible for more than 1.3 million deaths annually.
Yellowone Needle Cap© is an ideal solution for the safe, secure, inexpensive and permanent elimination of this life-threatening problem.
Designed with safety in mind, Yellowone Needle Cap©:
• Recycles soda cans, which are readily accessible, into safe and permanent needle disposal containers
• With just one click, the cap is permanently locked in place
• Is easy to use with luer-slip syringes needles
• Secures needles which may transfer infectious diseases
• Prevents accidental stick injuries during needle disposal
• Is ideal for emergency relief efforts, remote clinics and field situations
• Makes it safe to dispose of infectious disease waste by burying the securely locked can, or placing it in a waste disposal site
• One can holds over 150 needles (small can of 330 ml) or 400 needles (larger can of 500 ml)